Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Petshop of Horrors

  1. #21
    Inactive Member speakerofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2003
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As soon as I bought the first volume of X, Viz changed their publication style. ><;;

  2. #22
    Inactive Member cutelittlekitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2003
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no, i didn't take it back yet. i suppose i should do that. oh, but i did go ahead and buy petshop of horrors, volumes 1 and 2. i like the stories. i haven't read any fan scans or translations, so i have nothing to compare tokyopop's translations to. personally, i take what i can get when it comes to manga. oh, viz finally decided to change the prices on their mangas. all the new viz mangas i've seen have been 10 dollars instead of 16. it's nice that they're cheaper now. i finally got volume 8 of Fushigi Yugi. sigh, i spend too much money on manga. but i don't spend money on anything else except gas for my car and food. so i figure it's ok to spend ten bucks on myself here and there [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Kitty

  3. #23
    Inactive Member speakerofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2003
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Manga here are slightly expensive, especially the larger ones. I would complain about the small collection in my 'local' shop, but uh, I looked upstairs today to see a much wider range. ^^;;; *idiot*

  4. #24
    Inactive Member cutelittlekitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2003
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jadey, did you know waldenbooks can usually order anything they don't have in stock? of course, sometimes my special orders go on backorder, which means i have no idea when or if i'll get them (i have gravitation 1 on backorder right now). but usually, regular special orders come in within a few days, a week at the most. waldenbooks is the only place near me that sells manga. and the waldenbooks i go to recently expanded their manga section. it seems there's a growing demand for it [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, me too, me too!

    Uh, I mean the Barnes & Noble (only decent bookstore near me *sigh*) recently expanded their manga section. It used to be just one little (little meaning about nose-high on me [I'm 5'4"]) section, now it has expanded to four (that's right, count 'em baby, FOUR!) 'little' sections. I almost died of embarrassment in the store when I saw it and screamed "YES!! THANK YOU!"
    *still embarrassed remembering how customers all stared at me* [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Barnes & Noble will order books too, but special order books are not available for any discounts, sales, or coupons and I'm on a very limited budget. (College student, buying textbooks just killed any new manga for at least a month [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] )

  6. #26
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah, lucky me ^_^ I have a Books A Million, a Barnes & Nobles, and a comic shop called Green Dragon all near me that sell manga. I like to wait until 3 or more books of a series is available, since I hate getting a book and then having to wait for the next one.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member spacelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You guys are lucky! I have to drive 20 mins. to go to Barnes & Nobles or Borders! *shrugs* I guess it's worth it. I saw this manga called Paradise Kiss. It looked cool, but before I spend $10 for it (budget you know..) I wanna know a persons' opinion on the manga. Have any of you read Paradise Kiss?

  8. #28
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yah i heard about the special ordering thing. i did that once but it ended up taking so much longer than neccesary and it cost extra. so now i just order off amazon.com which does a really good job, they always get my orders fast. i just wish there was a real amazon.com store so i could actually touch the book. i dont like spending money cuz im so limited on it, so i like to read books a lil find out if i like em and then buy em..

    speaking of spending money i was gunna buy demon diary 2 today online (i know we r supposed to boycott tokyo pop...but that story is just too cute, i promise this is the only series i'll buy^_^)...but instead i got the Angel Sanctuary DVD...i heard it was bad, but i decided to get it neways, cuz i have to make my own judgment. this is actually the first anime i've ever bought, i usually just watch em on tv. hopefully it wont sux like everyone says ^_^'

  9. #29
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmm alittle lat eon the dream thing...but mine is to simply open up a comic book/manga shop. there arn't any places around here that sell comic books (like american comic books...hehe i like those too...tombraider all the way!!) or manga. only borders/waldens and they only have a small selection. and they never have complete stock. like battle angel alita ...i have yet to read the third book cuz they never have it...and i dont like reading books out of order!!

    yah so a comic book shop would be cool. and we'd sell coffee and hot chocolate...and sweets, and music, but cool music [img]cool.gif[/img] hehe ahhh cant get caught up in the dream

  10. #30
    Inactive Member heartberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2003
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, you guys are so lucky. Here in Canada, it's like 15 (17 with taxes) dollars for a Tokyopop manga, and the Viz manga were 30 dollars for me. It's so expensive, so I rarely can get any, so my collection grows very slowly, but I am glad I can have some.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •